Do you have a boudoir photo shoot coming up but aren’t quite sure how to pose or what expression to make? Of course, as a photographer I always offer suggestions and tips along the way, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Before the session, look at other boudoir photos to get ideas of poses that you like, such as the top 5 from Better Boudoir Photography that might give you some inspiration.
- Try as many angles as you can. It might take a while to figure out which ones you like the best; the larger the variety the more options you have later. You can even create variety by raising your arms above your head or playing with your hair, which will frame your face and lift your breasts.
- Don’t always look at the camera, especially at the beginning of the shoot. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to start to feel comfortable and sexy, so don’t look directly at the lens. Instead look off to the side or even close your eyes.
- Make different expressions. Again, this is giving yourself a greater variety of photos after the shoot. Try sexy, sultry and seductive.
- Relax and have fun! The whole idea of boudoir photos is to take sexy photos of yourself (whether for you or that someone special), so try not to be self-conscious and have fun with the experience!
Have you done a boudoir shoot before? What additional advice would you give someone taking sexy shots for the first time?